Low maintenance, drought tolerant, stunning plants: what’s not to love about a Mediterranean garden?
GET THIS GARDEN
- What’s growing: Honey Bush (Melianthus major), Pheasant’s Tail Grass (Stipa arundinacea), Giant Burmese Honeysuckle (Lonicera hildebrandiana), Goldfinger Grass (Libertia peregrinans), Lambs Ears (Stachys byzantina), Olives (Olea), Euphorbia, Roses, a Banana tree…
- Place plants a little closer together so the garden looks lush and flowing.
- Let plants grow in their natural forms. No heavy pruning here.
- Limit your plant list and repeat plants.
- Limit your color palette. Here they’ve used green, gold, silver, and burgundy foliage and pale blue, peach, and burgundy flowers.
- Hardscaping materials are all in soft, pale, warm tones.
- Paved courtyards and decomposed granite pathways vs lawn