This home is totally stunning and it’s so simple.
- Everything is black – the walls, the gate, the trim – except the stark white window trim, roofline and eaves, and porch light.
- Turquoise blue front door.
- Repetition of a just a few foliage plants.
- The same plant as a low round shrub and as a tree standard. I’m not totally sure what this is, but you could do this with Pittosporum, Privet or Indian Hawthorn.
- The flat silver ground cover ties in with the silver leaves of the tree. Try Cerastium (Snow in Summer) for a low silver ground cover.
- Sago Palms in low, wide terra-cotta containers.
- Podocarpus does it all. Here, it is trained on the wall and grown as a tree.
- Low boxwood hedges the same height as the bench they surround frame the entry.