This is one of the gardens at Larnach Castle in Dunedin, New Zealand – but it could almost be here in Northern California. Everything here is beautiful, tough, low maintenance, and drought tolerant.
GET THIS GARDEN
- Palette: orange, yellow, purple, burgundy, black, silver and green.
- Winding crushed stone paths create structure and force garden visitors to slow down and enjoy the gardens.
- Place plants slightly closer together than their full size. This gives a lush look and you won’t need to prune.
- There is some layering going on here – you can see that the Iris are not blooming yet.
- Plants (sorry, I don’t have a full plant list from this garden!): Cordyline, Heuchera, Chocolate cosmos, Cinquefoil (potentilla), Coreopsis, Iris, Asiatic lily, Cineraria senicio, Artemesia, Alstromeria, Geum, Echinacea, Stipa gigantea, Rudebeckia, Podocarpus, Butterfly Milkweed (Asclepias tuberosa).